BUILDING THE INNER MAN - Text : Jude 20
The scriptures speak of “building yourself up on your most holy faith”
· Your faith grows with your effort – build yourself
· The inward man is a faith being
· A faith being is a belief being
· It grows and operates with what you believe.
· It will generate faith and becomes stronger with the Word of God which you believed.
· You can build up and strengthen your spirit by building the Word in your heart.
· For faith cometh by the hearing and hearing of the Word of God - Rom. 10:17
A. The Spirit of man grows on the Word of God
1. Faith becomes reality.
* Faith must be sown in the heart
* A seed of jealousy can grow within Cain’s heart and committed murder.
* A seed of faith can grow into mountains to outsize the mountains of sickness and problems and move into the sea.
* Heb. 11:1 speaks of faith as the heavenly substance in the realm of God
2. Three Ways of Nurturing the Inner Man
a. Turning logos into rhema
b. Practicing spiritual principles
c. Faith confessions.
B. The Inner Man Feeds on the ‘Rhema” Word
1. Differentiating logos from rhema
2. Your spirit man feeds on Rhema
3. Rhema penetrates the heart
4. Rhema never fails to accomplish the purpose of God
5. Rhema stays in your life – 1 Peter 1:25
6. Rhema cleanses one’s life – Eph. 5:26
7. Rhema is the key to answered prayer – John 15:7
8. You get Rhema by believing in logos – John 5:47