Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Security and Protection of the Righteous

Our Text is taken from Psalms 91:1 to 8.  This Psalm has many powerful promises of God’s Word. These are not encouraging words only but for us to live in it and experience it daily. For we are living in the end times of hardships and troubled times. So God’s Words is our hope of Salvation.

Psalms 91:1 stated with “He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.”   The word “Almighty” is Elohim which mean the all Powerful One, the Supreme Being on this Universe.
Notice the word “shelter” and “shadow”.  These two words are powerful words too.  As Christian we need a shelter and we need someone to take care and keep a watch on us daily.  A shelter also provides us with comfort, food and love.  We all need that.  A shelter also protects us. 

A shadow tell us that someone near is with us.  When we know that great big God is with us – we are secured and comforted.  He never fail us and forsake us.  A shadow tell us that he never leave us just like our shadow.

There are also many promises in Psalms 91.  Firstly in verse 2 it says, “I will say of the Lord”.  It is important to say or confess to the Lord our Righteousness and what we have received from Him.  This will make our faith grow strong.  And the more we confess the more we possess and activate our faith. We just agree with God.  We confess to our salvation that includes peace, prosperity, riches, wisdom and many more.  What shall we confess here?


In verse 2 “He is My Refuge, My Fortress, My God in whom I trust” that is your confession.


1.    We confess in verse 3 “surely God will deliver us from the snare of the trapper" (devil).  The devil cannot set enough traps that God cannot deliver you from his hand.  God is your refuge and God is your fortress.  He is my God and I will trust in Him.  We need to confess that daily.


2.    Secondly, we confess verse 3 again, “surely He will deliver me/us from the deadly pestilence.”  What is a pestilence?  It covers all kinds of diseases that come to destroy us.  If you are sick, lay claim from this promises for your healing.  You are the Righteousness of God.  Jesus, you are My Righteousness and Healer.  God will be my shield and buckler.  Sickness shall not come near me. In verse 4 says, “His truth shall be a buckle and a shield” His Truth is a shield of faith to me.


3.    Thirdly, in verse 5, it says “you will not be afraid for the terror by night and the arrow that flies by day” What is this means?  It represents your business failure, kidnapping, murder, robberies, bad thoughts, worries and fears that fly by day to you and hinder your faith. You shall not be afraid.  Bad dreams and thoughts coming upon you at night making fearful in the morning.  Then taking this promise “You shall not be afraid” Why? Because you can confess verse 7 that says, “A thousand may fall at my side and ten thousand at my right hand but it shall not come near me. Verse 8 “Only with my eyes shall I look and see the reward of the wicked.”

4.    Fourthly, verse 10 we confess, “There shall no evil befall us and neither shall any plague come near our household.” This Psalms is not only for comfort but for deliverance also.  The conditions are verse 14 it says, “because he (your name) cleaves to Me (God of Elohim, Almighty, all breasted One who supply your needs and the Lord Your righteousness and Grace, etc)  in love, I will deliver him.  I will protect him because he knows My name. (Shalom, Tsidkenu, Shammah, Adonai, Rophi and many others) including Jesus Names above every names. So verse 15 declares “When he calls to me I will answer him.  I will be with him in trouble. I will rescue him and honor him.  His six “I Will” promises and adding to verse 16 “With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”  Wow!  How can I believe all this! Yes, only by faith and faith righteousness speaks His Words of Salvation that includes healing, wisdom, power, revelation, riches of His Word.

We want you to know that we are living in these last days, and people hearts are perplexed and fearful of the changes and the failing economy.  They “wander and there is no way out” and God promises for this Psalms 91 is for us today! Your Righteousness at the right hand of God Jesus is on your side. He is your Refuge, Your Fortress and Your God whom you will trust and nothing else.  Amen and Amen!






Jesus tells us in Matthew 6:33:
“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” (including all the above promises - His Security and Protection, Salvation, and many more blessings)

No comments:

Post a Comment