Sunday, March 8, 2015

DAVID'S PRAYER



DAVID’S PRAYER IN THREEFOLD:

1)      “GIVE ME” Prayer is something that every Christian can pray  it is so common that even a cat or a dog can do it.  “Angel” my neighbour's dog looks like a hound – Like the Prodical Son Prayer was give me my inheritance father! Later he went back to His father and say “Make me your sons” Then the father said “Today my son who was dead has come alive again.” Give me prayers have destroy a lot of Christians like the Prodical son who wasted his life away.   


Jesus taught the new born babes in Christ “The Lord’s Prayer” _ “Give us our daily bread” This is where we start. We call this prayer the “milk Christian.”


2)      “MAKE ME” Prayers is uncommon – unless God lays His hands on us and draw us into deep communion with Him we are not able to voice such a prayer – because of our selfish nature.  It is far too costly and alien to the flesh.  This prayer, you are inviting God to make you, mold you and change you.  You are getting into the Potter’s hand. There is abandonment to self.

Psalms 39:4 – Lord make me to know my end ..
Psalms 51:6-8 -  Behold You desire truth … You will make me to know wisdom. (heavenly)
Psalms 119: 27,35 – Make me understand the way of Your precepts.  Make me walk in the path of Your commandments, for I delight in it.
Hebrews 2:9,17 – But we see Jesus, who was make a little lower than the angels .. .  Therefore in all things He had to be made like His brethren.
Hebrews 5:8 – He learned obedience by the things he suffered.
If you seek His hand (Give me) but if you seek His Face (Made me prayers)

3)       “QUICKEN ME” Prayer is desperate

Psalms 71:20 Thou, which has showed me great and sore troubles, shall quicken me again and shall bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

Psalms 119: 25,37,40,88,107,154,156,159. _ Quicken me according to the Word; Quicken me in thy way. Quicken me in they righteousness. Quicken me after thy loving-kindness. Quicken me according to thy judgement.

Psalms 143:11 – Quick me, O Lord, for thy name’s sake: for thy righteousness sake bring my soul out of trouble.

The word, “quicken” means “to make alive”  Many Christians, lose their will to live because they cannot take the pain and the pressure.  When David lost the will to carry on, he screamed out to God many times, “O God, make me live!”  He would not give way to suicide because he knew life came from God and it was not right for him to end it himself.
Let God live through you or live for Him.  Let His Resurrection Life lives through you. God would give you the strength to carry on with a destiny if you would allow Him to live through you.  To live is Christ and to die is gain.`  

Anonymous


           

No comments:

Post a Comment