Thursday, June 29, 2023

THE BENEFITS OF SEEING THE LORD

 


THE BENEFITS OF SEEING THE LORD

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. – Matt. 5:8

The first thing we learn from this beatitude is that Jesus is concerned with our heart. It is not enough to clean up our act on the outside.

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. -1 Corinthians 13:12

As a maturing believer, I have a burning desire to see and hear God more accurately. I often ask to know more of God. Sometimes I hear from you readers asking the same questions: How do I know what God wants me to do? How can I be sure I will see Him guiding me, or hear Him leading me? I want to know Him, but I have difficulty in seeing Him!

What are the benefits of seeing the Lord? Let us find out some here in the Word of God. 

1)  1.  Seeing the Lord brings Conviction. – Job 42:5

4 You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak. I will question you, and you shall inform Me.’ 5 My ears had heard of You, but now my eyes have seen You. 6 Therefore I retract my words, and I repent in dust and ashes.”…

Isaiah 6:5-6 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”

2)  2.  Seeing the Lord brings Salvation – Exodus 14:13 NIV.

13 Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance (salvation) the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. Salvation in Greek also includes healing, deliverance, peace and prosperity to you.

3)   3.. Seeing the Lord brings Deliverance – Mark 5:6

“But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped Him”

 6 When he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped Him. 7 And he cried out with a loud voice and said, “What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God that You do not torment me.” cried out the demonic man spirit living in the tomb.  8 For He said to him, “Come out of the man, unclean spirit!” Verse 15 Then they came to Jesus, and saw the one who had been demon-possessed and had the legion, sitting and clothed and in his right mind.   Evil spirit and unclean thoughts will disappear when you worship and see the Lord in the Spirit.

4)  4.  Seeing the Lord as the Object of faith – Hebrews 2:9

“But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.”

Hebrews 12:2 KJV

“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”

5)  5.  Seeing Jesus the Lord brings Joy – John 20:20  NIV

“After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.”  The joy of the Lord is your strength.

6)  6.  Seeing the Lord brings pre-eminence to Him. – John 1:36

35 The next day John was there again with two of his disciples. 36 When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, “Look, the Lamb of God!”

Isaiah 6:1 - In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple. 2 Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one cried to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!”

7) 7.  Seeing the Lord to be like Him – 1 John 3:2

”Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.”

Let us ask God to give us a desire and passion for Him – opening our eyes to see Him as never before and thus transforming our lives and character in this world.  Let us bring the glory and power of Jesus to this sinful and sick world.

May the Lord bless you and your family, Amen.

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment