Tuesday, November 28, 2023

GOD FAILETH NOT - (Zephaniah 3:5)

 


GOD  FAILETH  NOT - (Zephaniah 3:5)

“The Lord within her is righteous; He does no injustice; every morning he shows forth his justice; each dawn he does not fail; but the unjust knows no shame.”

1. WHEN THE MONEY FAILS

Times of Financial Stringency  -  Genesis 47:14,15

14 Joseph collected all the money that was to be found in Egypt and Canaan in payment for the grain they were buying, and he brought it to Pharaoh’s palace. 15 When the money of the people of Egypt and Canaan was gone, all Egypt came to Joseph and said, “Give us food. Why should we die before your eyes? Our money is all gone.”

A)   Pharaoh’s Prosperity and Egypt’s Poverty  (Gen. 47:13-26)

Now there was no food in all the land, because the famine was very severe, so that the land of Egypt and the land of Canaan languished because of the famine. And Joseph gathered all the money that was found in the land of Egypt and in the land of Canaan for the grain which they bought, and Joseph brought the money into Pharaoh’s house. And when the money was all spent in the land of Egypt and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came to Joseph and said, “Give us food, for why should we die in your presence? For our money is gone. 

Then Joseph said, “Give up your livestock, and I will give you food for your livestock, since your money is gone.” So they brought their livestock to Joseph, and Joseph gave them food in exchange for the horses and the flocks and the herds and the donkeys; and he fed them with food in exchange for all their livestock that year. And when that year was ended, they came to him the next year and said to him, “We will not hide from my lord that our money is all spent, and the cattle are my lord’s. There is nothing left for my lord except our bodies and our lands. Why should we die before your eyes, both we and our land? Buy us and our land for food, and we and our land will be slaves to Pharaoh. So give us seed, that we may live and not die, and that the land may not be desolate” (Genesis 47:13-19).

Israel’s Prosperity and Egypt’s Poverty (47:27)

 While the Egyptians were fainting under the famine, the Israelites were flourishing. Egypt’s loss, to some degree, was their gain:

Now Israel lived in the land of Egypt, in Goshen, and they acquired property in it and were fruitful and became very numerous (Genesis 47:27).

Israel prospered in spite of the famine and the poverty which Egypt experienced.  It teaches us to save up during good times to prepare for hard times like now when Covid 19 hits.

The bees gather nectar all summer because they know winter is approaching. The butterfly dance from flower to flower in summer and dies at the first frost of winter.

Now in the Book of Revelation (due to climate change in the end time) the Bible mentioned a time of great hyper inflation

See Revelation 6:6

“And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.”

IN FUTURE A PERSON'S ONE DAY WAGE COULD ONLY BUY ONE DAY FOOD FOR HIMSELF.

IF HE HAS A FAMILY TO FEED THEN HE MUST BUY MORE INFERIOR FOOD (BARLEY IS 3 TIMES CHEAPER THAN WHEAT. SO POOR PEOPLE CAN ONLY AFFORD MAGGIE MEE) THAT IS WHY WE MUST NOT NEGLECT TO SAVE UP.

2. WHEN MY STRENGTH FAILS

Times of Poor Health  - Psalms 71:9

“Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone.”

Caleb’s Strength

“The LORD has let me live, just as He spoke, these forty-five years… and now behold, I am eighty-five years old today. I am still as strong today as I was in the day Moses sent me; as my strength was then, so my strength is now, for war and for going out and coming in.” - Joshua 14:10-12 NASB

Is this verse talking about you?  How old are you?   50 years – 60 yrs and towards 80 yrs – your strength is gone.  Yet God will not forsake us when we can still breathe our way to praise and worship Him.  The Joy of the Lord is your strength.  This verse in Psa. 71:9 is a prayer for us to favor us in times of old age.

  Caleb is considered to have been extraordinarily favored by God because "his strength continued even to his old age, so that he went up to the high places of the land and his children obtained it for an inheritance: that fill the children of Israel might see that it is good to obey the Lord.  

3. WHEN MY SPIRIT FAILS

Times of Nervous Strain  - Psalms 143:7

6  I spread out my hands to you; I thirst for you like a parched land. 7 Answer me quickly, Lord; my spirit fails. Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. 8  Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.

Psalm 73:26 "I may be weak, but Your spirit's strong in me. My flesh may fail, but my God You never will.“

 Elijah Ministry  -  Against the backdrop of Elijah’s failure, this little demonstrative particle highlights God’s gracious work to restore the prophet back to his ministry regardless of what he had done. Let’s look at how the Lord worked to restore the prophet.

God’s Provision for Elijah -  1 Kings 19: 5-18)   Note that five times the word “behold” is used to highlight Elijah

 1. The Provision of Sleep (vs. 5a)

     Elijah had a good rest and an angel came and refreshed his spirit. 

2. The Provision of Angel vs 5b encourages him.

3. The Provision of Food vs. 6

The Trip to Horeb, The Mountain of God (vs. 8)

Verse 8 tells us “he arose and ate and drank, and went . . . to Horeb, the mountain of God.  Strength for the Mountain of God. The glory of God is waiting for Elijah now.  God is preparing for the Glorious Glory when our spirit and strength fails.  We emptying ourselves so that we can filled all His glory and power for His Work. Amen.

4. WHEN MY KINSFOLK HAVE FAILED

Times of Social Estrangement –  - Job 19:13-15

“He has alienated my family from me; my acquaintances are completely estranged from me.14 My relatives have gone away; my closest friends have forgotten me. 15 My guests and my female servants count me a foreigner; they look on me as on a stranger.”

When your family n friends have failed you when do you do.  Turn to God for help in times of trouble.

When everything fails you – look up for your rescue is here.  Jesus Saves! Jesus Delivers!  Jesus Heals! Jesus is your Friend!   Jesus is your Strength!

5. WHEN MEN’S HEART ARE FAILING THEM FOR FEAR

Times of International Crisis - Luke 21:26; Deut. 4:29, 31

“29 But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. 30 When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the Lord your God and obey him. 31 For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant …”

In these last days men’s hearts are failing – everywhere you go there is fear here and there. Jesus will rise up in you giving you a stronger heart than the people of the world. A stronger faith to believe Him and persistent to endure all hard times with God’s blessings.

Look Up For Your Redemption - The Return of the Son of Man. 

Luke 21:27  At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.  28 When these things begin to happen, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.” 

GOD WILL NOT FAIL YOU!  HE HAS KEPT THE BEST FOR THE LAST! YOU WILL BE SURPRISE FOR HE SEES YOU BETTER AND BETTER EVEN TEN TIMES BETTER THAN THE REST OF THE WORLD!  SO LOOK TO HIM THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF OUR FAITH.

No comments:

Post a Comment