Saturday, November 13, 2010

DO NOT FRUSTRATE THE GRACE OF GOD

There are at least three scriptures telling us not to frustrate the Grace of God. I noticed and colored the word “in vain” below:

Firstly, in Galatians 2:20, 21 – “Yet not I, but Christ (grace) liveth in me, now I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me. I do not frustrate the grace of God (set aside the grace of God) if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.”

The word vain means “useless” or “to no purpose”. In fact, we can nullify the grace of God. God does not pour out His grace upon us for no reason. God’s grace comes upon us to be empowered to do something with it. Everything that comes from God goes back to Him. It takes grace to worship God and at times we do not feel like worshiping God. We say, "the grace of worship" is to worship Him in spirit and truth.

Grace is the power of the Spirit coming into our lives and we can overcome the flesh, devil and this world. Grace empowers us to live holy lives. We are not to worry how to live this holy life because Christ lives in me, we are also not to have a light attitude towards sin for sin will not have dominion over us. Good works and obedience cannot produce grace. Grace will produce good works and obedience. Faith without works is dead but faith in His grace works. Grace will empower us to obey God without trying. We need to tap into the limitless Grace of God.

Another verse in 2 Corinthians 6:1 says, “We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that you receive not the grace of God in vain.”

Grace is God’s ability to do for you, what you cannot do for yourself. Watchman Nee says, “ the law is you’re doing for God; Grace is God’s doing for you, in you, through you.” The Law is me doing it all; Grace is God doing it only. Anything you’re doing it – it is short but if God is doing it – it is good and perfect.

I think you and I do not have a problem that is too big for God’s grace to handle. If our problem gets bigger and bigger, God’s grace gets bigger and greater. If our problem multiplies, so the grace of God multiplies. So let grace flows into your lives and it will become a channel of living grace toward others too. Let us work together with God and receive not this grace of God in vain.

The third verse Apostle Paul quoted in I Corinthians 15:10 – “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.”

This is another powerful word of Grace, we working and laboring with. Paul preached a living grace. He did not want God’s grace to be “in vain” or useless or lying domain in his life. He said he could labored more and more abundantly because of His grace not by his flesh ability. This grace of God is actually living in Paul’s life. He is conscious of it daily and I believe again it is not a doctrine or sermon teaching. It is life changing and transforming power of God to those who believe in it. Pure grace give us power to live holy, godly and sanctified life.

In these last days, we need an ABUNDANCE OF GOD'S GRACE. And God's grace is abounding towards us and is amazing. God’s grace is unstoppable towards us who believe. God is able to do exceeding abundantly and beyond what we think or pray or say with His Grace. His Glory Grace has fallen upon us unconditional today!

RECEIVE IT BY FAITH! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment