Thursday, October 31, 2013

A PROSPEROUS SOUL

Beloved, I pray that you may PROSPER in all things and be in
 health, just as your soul prospers. (3 John 2)

1. Today I will live in the now! I will live in the now because I have a mindset and attitude that is conducive to prosperity, one that attracts good things to my life. My soul (my mind, will and emotions) is prospering, and taking me to a higher level of success and productivity as it unlocks the treasures hidden in the field of my lifes potential.

2. Today I will comprehend the definition of true prosperity, which involves more than just my financial status. Peace of mind, excellence of character, sphere of influence, manifestation of leadership ability, and a virtuous life of unselfishness are all viable parts of real prosperitythe kind of prosperity that is a blessing to humanity.

3. Today I will not contaminate my prosperous mentality with thoughts of guiltthe useless emotion that kills effectivenessor worry, which is the mirror refection of guilt. Guilt is past-oriented and worry is future-oriented, and both ensure that absolutely nothing worthwhile will be achieved in the present! A prosperous soul is one that only functions in the now!

4. Today I will remember that my state of mind is affecting my health and that good health is more than just the absence of sickness and disease in my body. Today I will speak words that encourage my bodys natural immune system and re-creative ability to medicate itself from the inside out, but I will also see the big picture of mental and social health, longevity of life and contribution to the health and improvement of the world, and make that my ultimate goal.

5. Today I will let my prosperous meditation unblock my energy and creativity. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he MEDITATES day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall PROSPER” (Psalm 1:2, 3).

6. Today I will expose myself to information that bends my attention toward prospering, unlocking hidden rooms of potential within my spirit. I will not lose precious time by letting my problems become obsessions (replaying painful thoughts and memories), but will be empowered by the will to be proactive. Yeshua has already completed His work for me, and nobody else can make me prosper, so I will make the Word work for myself!

7. Today I will get it together in my soul-life. I will do whatever is necessary to change my negative thought patterns and self-destructive inner voices, and today I will live in the now!

Abba Father, help me to live my life today with a prosperous mentality.
In Yeshuas name, amen.
By Judah Giam

(adapted from A YEAR IN THE NOW devotional)

No comments:

Post a Comment