Monday, September 27, 2021

GARDENS OF THE LORD

GARDENS OF THE LORD

Songs of Solomon 4:12

“A garden enclosed is my sister, my spouse, A spring shut up, A fountain sealed.”

-          The Beloved

-          The book of Solomon is not only his romantic love life with his bride but it’s a spiritual book between Jesus – The Beloved and the Church – the Shulamite woman.

-          Jesus our lover wants to visit our garden if you want Him to.  In book of Songs of Solomon 4:12 – it mentioned of a garden enclosed .. Is my spouse and is a spring and a fountain sealed.

-          God wants to be involved in everything we do. He wants us to fellowship with Him, which means communicating with Him throughout our day just like we do with someone who’s our close friend or family member.

-          Knowing God loves us, loving Him, spending time with Him, and being grateful for what He’s done and is doing in our lives can help us have a real relationship with Him.  Covid 19 crisis helped you to be still and know He is your Beloved lover.

-          I would like to share about Five Gardens in the Bible.

1. The Garden of Communion - Eden

Genesis 3:8

Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

Come, my Beloved, let us go; let us lodge; let us get up; let us see.

God’s desire is toward me – He longs for such fellowship. Song of Sol. 7:11-13

The first garden is the garden of communion.  This is where God and Adam communicate with each other.  The Garden of Communion!  God wants to restore this garden back to Him. He wants the believers to communion with Him and fellowship with him.   Talk to Him about your needs and do not hide from God.

1.  Let us go - into the field with Him – Preaching the Gospel – S.O.S. 7:11                    2.  Let us lodge – lodging in the villages with Him – Journey of the Christian life.           3.  Let us get up – getting up early to the Vineyards – Sheep caring of the saints                       – S.O.S.  7:12                                                                                                            4.  Let us see - laying up pleasant fruits for Him – Produce of the Toiler – S.O.S. 7:13   5.  God desire us to serve Him and fellowship with Him.

 

2. The Garden of Conflict - Gethsemane

             John 18:1

 “When he had finished praying, Jesus left with his disciples and crossed the Kidron Valley. On the other side there was a garden, and he and his disciples went into it.”

In this garden is a Garden of conflict – after praying not My Will but Thy Will Be Done in another place. In the garden where the Brook Kidron and is where Judas betrayed Jesus here. Judas took a detachment of troops and officers and chief priests and Pharisee came with torches and weapons. Vs. 2

 

3. The Garden of Conquest –
Joseph of Arimathaea

John 19:41

“At the place where Jesus was crucified, there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb, in which no one had ever been laid. 42 Because it was the Jewish day of Preparation and since the tomb was nearby, they laid Jesus there.”

Matthew 27:50-53

And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit. At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.

‘They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

Joseph took Jesus body and bought a new tomb and burial place.  This place is around the garden and it’s the

Garden of Victory, Conquest and Jesus Resurrection.  In this garden and around the tombs – when Jesus broke through and resurrected several others that were dead resurrected too.  They came alive. The power of Resurrection is so powerful than the Atom bomb or Nitrogen bomb.

4. The Garden of Consummation 
       Paradise of God
-  Revelation 2:7

The Tree of life

7”Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.”

This garden and the tree of life are for all those overcomers in Christ. These trees are yielding twelve fruits monthly and it is for the nations of the earth.  Its leaves will bring healing to the nations.

 

5. The Garden of the Church    -  Song of Solomon 4:12

“A garden enclosed is my sister, my spouse, A spring shut up, A fountain sealed.” - The Beloved

 

a) A Barred Garden - Song of Sol. 4:12-16

A garden barred but not barren, blown upon but with nothing overblown, a Garden beautified and its Owner satisfied.

1. a)  Barred against the world’s influences. Barred against every kind of impurity Barred against the wind of heresy. 

So our spiritual lives are like this garden. We need to keep it fresh, fruitful and full of fragrance at all times. The bible says, “those that planted in the house of the Lord shall be fruitful in old age and our fruits (garden) shall be fresh and flourishing.  It is related to the righteous.

 

b) A Garden under the Spirit’s Breath - Song of Sol. 4:16

“Awake, north wind, and come, south wind! Blow on my garden, that its fragrance may spread everywhere. Let my beloved come into His garden and taste its choice fruits.”

The prayer is ‘Blow” the result is “Flow” the fragrance of your life.  Let Him come and eat the pleasant fruits.

You are calling the winds of the Spirit to blow and cause the spice to flow.  Let My Beloved Jesus come and taste the fruits of my love.

Here “my garden” was changed to “His garden” In other words my garden is His garden. The whole garden of our inner lives was for Jesus and so were all its fruits.  The fruits of the Spirit of the believer and the whole garden was under the Spirit’s Breath.   Our gardens need the North wind and the South wind of the Spirit.

 

c) The Garden Bringing Satisfaction to the Owner - Song of Sol. 5:1

I have come into my garden, my sister, my bride; I have gathered my myrrh with my spice. I have eaten my honeycomb and my honey; I have drunk my wine and my milk.

This was the Lord’s garden.  The Lord was not frequented but had come only in response to special invitation. He will come only when there are fruits and spice to satisfy.  The Lord was able to receive all He owns. Eight different times He mentioned here the possessive “MY’ – my sister, my spouse, my myrrh, my spice, my honeycomb, my honey, my wine, my milk!  Lord Jesus came and drink and eat all to His delight and satisfaction.  Just as Jesus found fruits or figs in the fig tree.

 

Hymn Sang By Alan Jackson

Gospel Song sang years ago by Alan Jackson   G

I come to the garden alone   C G

While the dew is still on the roses   D G Em

But the voice I hear falling on my ear    A D

The Son of God discloses.     D G D

And He walks with me and He talks with me,    D7 G

And He tells me I am His own.   G G7 C Cm

And the joy we share as we tarry there,    G D G

None other has ever known.

 

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for your love and fellowship with us as the Bride of the Lamb.  We are indeed grateful and helping us to be what you want us to be. Thank you for Jesus love and care.

You have planted in us the Trees of Righteousness in our Garden and many other trees that are bearing fruits for your glory and satisfaction.

We indeed dedicate our lives to be a sweet aroma to your presence of because of Jesus in our lives.

May the Lord Bless You and Your Family

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment