Monday, September 4, 2023

THE CALL TO SEEK GOD'S FACE

 

THE CALL TO SEEK GOD’S FACE

Psalm 24:6-8 New King James Version (NKJV)

6 This is Jacob, the generation of those who seek Him, Who seek Your face. Selah  7 Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors!

 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13; see also Matthew 7:7–8)

Psalm 63:1–3 expresses this strong desire: "O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you."

1) When we seek His face we touch His Holiness and Blessing flows

“Who may ascend the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god. They will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God their Savior. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, God of Jacob” (Psalm 24:3–6).

2) When we seek His Face we Gaze at His Power and Glory.

“O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and glory. Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you!” (Psalm 63:1–3, NLT).

The Glory of God brings ease and revelation to us. It gives us the knowing and also will open our spiritual eyes to see more of His Glory. The bible says, the Glory of God is our inheritance given to us before Jesus died. (John 1:22, 23; Colosians 1:27)

We the church is entering into a season of extraordinary manifestations of God's glory during this coming years. In these years ahead something more are happening in the world and in the spirit world. The Sun of Righteousness and Son of Glory are coming nearer! Jesus the Son of God is coming! And Christ return does not depend on how evil the world becomes but how Christlike and glorious the church becomes.


3) When we seek His face we are Favored and Blessed.

“May the LORD smile on you and be gracious to you” (Numbers 6:25, NLT)

His favor is for a life-time not a one time.

Ø  God’s favor brings God to answer prayers instantly – Psalms 102:17 – Kingdom Prayers

Ø  God’s favor produces many miracles and healings – Psa. 102:20 –

Kingdom Wonders

Ø  God’s favor causes the people to unite and serve God’s Kingdom. 

Psa. 102:22.  – Kingdom Service

Ø  GOD’S favor cause people to unite  -  Kingdom Unity

Psalms 133:1 - “Unity causes anointing to come down.  The Lord commanded  blessings even life forevermore.  Unity releases anointing and power.  Unity releases blessing of all kinds.  Unity releases His Life to flow to us.


4) Lastly, when we seek His face we Desire to be like Him

“How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty!
My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.” Psalm 84:1-2

And again, “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?” – Psalm 42:1-2

JACOB BECAME A NEW MAN

Jacob became a new man – Jacob wrestled with the angel and his name was changed – his name, character & life was changed. He is able to face Esau his brother wanted to kill him and Jacob was spared by him.  Jacob’s name the place “peniel” or the face of God. 

Challenge

Give your heart to seek the Father and His Son.

Let the Holy Spirit leads us to the Face of God.

Let us seek His face more than His Hand.

Let us seek God to change our lives more than anything else.

Let us be a generation of seekers of God – Jacob’s generation – a man and woman after God’s heart and purpose.

Let us come and seek God’s face at His altar. 

PRAYER

Father, I thank You that You are always present with me and that wherever I go You are there. Lord, help me draw near to You through prayer, worship, and the reading of Your word. Remind me to commune with You throughout the day so that I can become a dwelling place of Your presence. Give me the zeal to seek after your face as my soul thirst for you each day.                       In Jesus Name, Amen.

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

No comments:

Post a Comment