Thursday, October 14, 2021

THE SPIRIT OF INTIMIDATION

 

THE SPIRIT OF INTIMIDATION - (FEAR)

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Saviour, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.  (2 Timothy 1:7) 

 

A) HOW ARE WE INTIMIDATED?

By people, your own boss, colleagues, friends, relatives, and many others things.

What is Intimidation?

It defines as in Oxford dictionary:

1. To render timid   2. To inspire with fear

Webster’s Dictionary: “to discourage, to suppress by or threatening.”

1. The action of intimidating or making afraid.

2. The use of threats or violence to force or restrain from some action.

 

The Objective of Intimidation

It is to restrain you from action or force you into submission. Intimidation wants to overwhelm you with a sense of inferiority and fear.  ( you’re useless or nothing)

The original of intimidation is fear which has its roots in the devil.  He is the originator of all fear and timidity.

He causes you to fear through thoughts, imaginations and visions or use circumstances and people.

One sole objective: to control and limit us the gift of God. Paul says to the church “Rise up come against the spirit of fear or intimidation and stir up your gift that God has given to you.”  (2 Timothy 1:6,7)

 

b) ELIJAH’S INTIMIDATION - 1 Kings 17:1

Elijah was a bold man. He was not afraid of the godless king.  A man of  miracles and powerful ministry.  He confronted the 850 prophets of Baal and slaughtered them.  He called fire down, rain to stop. A man of prayer but was confronted by the king’s wife Jezebel.

Jezebel Confronted Elijah

1 Kings 19:2

“So let the gods do to me and more also if I do not make your life as the life of  one of them by tomorrow about this time.”

It is not words only but a spirit came out of her mouth.   -  Spirit of Intimidation.  This spirit kills his faith in the man of God.

1 Kings 19:3, 4

And when he saw that, he arose, and went for his life, and came to Beersheba, which belongeth to Judah, and left his servant there.

But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O Lord, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.

The spirit of condemnation, suicide and timidity is in Elijah. Elijah was giving up everything to die.  Elijah was paralyzed by Jezebel intimidation and fear.

 

C) MODERN DAY INTIMIDATION
AND MANIPULATION

SOME SAYS AN INTIMIDATED PERSON HONORS WHAT HE FEARS MORE THAN GOD. THE MEDIA TELLS YOU WHO TO HATE AND WHO TO LOVE; WHO TO BE AFRAID OF WHO TO TRUST; WHAT TO THINK AND NOT TO THINK. ANYWAY YOU HAVE TO THINK GOD’S THOUGHTS AND LET HIS LOVE ABIDES IN YOU.

 

D) HOW TO CONFRONT THE SPIRIT
OF INTIMIDATION?

You cannot confront the spirit of intimidation with the human intellect.

Only when the Spirit of God and strength came upon Elijah – with the food the angels fed him. Men shall not live by bread alone but by the Word of God spoken. And also perfect love of Jesus cast out all fears and intimidation of this world.

 

D) USE OF SCRIPTURES

Hebrews 13: 5,6  -  So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.  The Word of God gives you faith.

Say boldly “I will not fear, I will not be intimidated, who is man? What is man?  What can man do to me if God is on my side”

2 Timothy 1:7 - The answer to fear and intimidation.  God has given the -

a. Spirit of Power breeds Boldness.

b. Spirit of Love breeds Forgiveness. Perfect love cast out fear.

c. Spirit of Sound Mind breeds Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge of Truth. A sound mind is a mind of Peace, Joy and Love.

 

COMMAND THE WORD

Isaiah 54:17

No weapon (spirit of intimidation and manipulation) can come against me – will prosper and every tongue that spoke against me I will condemn, I will nullify, and destroy it. This is my right.  So use your right.

Speak against it don’t run – confront it with perfect love that cast out fear.

Command power – will break intimidation/fear and must be fueled by our love for God with a sound mind; not a nervous wreak.

 

E) DAVID CONFRONTED GOLIATH

What can Goliath do to me?  God is My Strength. If you fear God you will not fear man. Bible says, “In the fear of the Lord there is strong confidence” – Prov. 14:26

Strong confidence produces boldness. Boldness born of love breaks the grip of intimidation.  Imperfect love or self love opens the door to fear and intimidation.  It involves torment.

 

PRAYER

Heavenly Father, we humble ourselves before You, showering You with all the praise, all the honor, and all the glory. Fear, Oh Lord, is constantly consuming my thoughts. It is deceptively controlling my emotions and my actions. (includes fearful dreams and threats)

I claim Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid?

And Philippians 4:6 says, Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

I rebuke the spirit of fear to get the better of me. I break that chain, for the devil cannot win this battle within my mind, soul and spirit.

With You I am strong and I will overcome. I will take control, guide my thoughts and my actions. In Your mighty name, I pray, fear will be destroyed.  Amen and Amen!

 

MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

 

No comments:

Post a Comment